VCJHS might have openings in all departments, currently there are openings in the following departments for the 2019-2020 school year.
Full-Time Junior High School Academic Counselor
Main Purpose of the Position:
The Junior High Academic Counselor, under the supervision of the principals, will be responsible to develop academic contracts, conduct academic planning and scheduling, perform counsel of students, provide guidance and assistance to students in meeting their personal, social, academic and spiritual needs.
Christian Role Model Commitment:
- Express a testimony of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Serve as a Christian role model and a consecrated Christian, dedicated to the purpose and goals of the Christian school.
- Have an understanding of philosophy and objectives of Valley Christian Schools.
- Be regular in attendance at a Christian Bible believing church of your choice.
- Be in agreement with the VCS Statement of Faith and be committed to daily prayer and spiritual growth. (I Tim. 1:3; I Tim. 2:1-8; I Tim. 3:1-13; I Thess. 5:11-28; Rom.12:14-21; Rom. 14:4; Gal. 6:1-10).
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Have a proven evidence of adequate preparation, background and ability required by the position in academic and college counseling.
- Be committed to implement and enforce policies and follow prescribed procedures.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
To apply for the job above, please fill out the Administrator Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to email@example.com or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.
VCJHS hires substitute teachers on an ongoing basis throughout the school year in all grades and subjects. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and teaching experience is desired. VCJHS uses on average two substitutes per day, so there are many opportunities to work based upon your availability. VCJHS uses full day and part-time substitute teachers. Teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
To apply for the above job, please fill out the Teacher Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.
General qualifications for all VCS instructor positions include:
- Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
- Master's degree in field of instruction is preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful teaching experience is preferred.
- 21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
- Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Model Teacher
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a California Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.
- Experience in teaching such electives as art, technology or foreign language (Spanish) a plus.